Sunday 13 March 2016

The Grey Silky Area

Since I started on offskin shades recently, one of the colors which I have not been able to find a good attire match is Grey; a color that's as tricky as why it's not on either extreme side of the black / white spectrum.

For the past few days, I have been rummaging articles, images in Google to find out how color matching with clothing & footwear will make the attire flattering than looking like a dork.

Just chanced upon this site where you can search for attire by hosiery color, location, gender etc:
lookbook.nu

You can simply type in "tights" and hit Search; from there, you can see some filter options.

Tinatin Gurchiani, movie director.  Image credit: Getty Images
One of the classiest look I've found so far for grey pantyhose is from this image.  The shade of the grey matches perfectly with her grey heels and dress color (though most tips say hose color should also match hem of clothing).  Overall blend looks pretty neat.


Here's one picture from Lookbook which I think the hosiery color matches really well with attire.  The shade reminds me of Smoky Pearl from Propeds:
Dressy Look: Grey open-toe pantyhose with open toe shoes and dress.
Image credit: Kimberly Kong via Lookbook.
Oh, here's another, yet classy look on grey pantyhose. Note it's a darker shade which I would associate with Sparrow in Propeds series:
Classy Look: Dark grey pantyhose with black skirt and shoes.
Image credit: Klára N via Lookbook
Blue Touch: Higher denier greys with blue top and bottom combo.
Image credit.  Boots4Boots via Tumblr
Another look to go with grey hose.  Not that I need to wear boots in the hot climate where I live but a little mod sure works:

















Country Look: Grey sheers with shorts.
Image Credit: The Street Style via Tumblr








 Here's one with a country touch:












Not forgetting there are also guys in grey hose too!  Although it's not my favourite sheers, I think it's still a good match and bold step out:
Bold Step Out:  Grey opaques with berms.
Image credit: Llorenç M via Lookbook
I'll be sharing some pictures of my grey hoseout soon.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Just read your post about grey pantyhose. take a look at my style. I mostly use opaque tights and these are some of my outfits.

    https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4143/4939340860_5b33e1c8ac_z.jpg
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6083/6147445633_6226395351_z.jpg
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8549/8710089503_c64cbe44c4_z.jpg
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3687/18909191423_50489b973a_c.jpg

    Wearing pantyhose and tights with shorts is my favourite style of clothing. :D Please let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mate, nice grey opaques you have there! I must say that opaques are somewhat more "masculine" due to the heavier material. The tropical climate here too makes it less comfortable to be in opaques too.

    ReplyDelete